- River Category:
- 2-Canyon: Class IV; 3-Canyon: Class V Whitewater
- $105 FOR 2 CANYONS or $155 FOR 3 CANYONS + $5.45/PERSON Ntl. FOREST FEE & 3% Kenai Tax
- Kenai Peninsula
- May 21 - Sept 11, 2017
- Age limit:
- 12 years FOR 2 CANYONS and 16 years FOR 3 CANYONS
- Start time:
- 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM
- Departs From:
- Hope Road, 100 meters from Seward Hwy intersection
- 2½ to 4 hours
- Group (10+) Discount - 10% Off
Alaska's most challenging class IV and V whitewater
This is Alaska’s premier whitewater run and one of the best in North America! Prepare to get wet as this pristine river runs thru three consecutive canyons; each more beautiful and more challenging than the last, with narrow routes, steep drops, beautiful pools and adrenaline pumping rapids all in a gorgeous semi-rain forest. We have two trip options: the two and half hour 2-canyon run with predominately class IV rapids or the four hour 3-canyon run which includes class V rapids; both offer hands-on participation in full paddle-boats or paddle-assist for increased maneuverability and power. Must be physically fit, able to swim and comfortable with the prospect of self-rescue.
Six Mile Creek has three canyons, each more challenging than the last:
- Running canyon 1 and 2 – focusing on the Class IV rapids
- The full enchilada – all three canyons, which includes Class V rapids in the third and final canyon
Both trips include a mandatory (yet fun) in-river swim before the start to help demystify the experience of self-rescue. For those adventurous Canyon 3 rafters, you get to enjoy a popular post-rapids swim after successfully navigating all three canyons.
All river gear including full dry-suits is provided. All tours are operated under permit by the Chugach National Forest. Must be able to swim and comfortable with the prospect of self-rescue.
Challenging to Very Challenging – view classifications
- Beautiful canyon run, with hands-on heavy participation style whitewater.
- Narrow routes, steep drops, beautiful pools and adrenaline-rush rapids.
Add a glacier adventure and save $20 (on a different day). See our Combo Specials.