- $85 + Glacier Park fee
- Matanuska Glacier Area, Matanuska Valley
- May 25 - Sept 5, 2017
- Age limit:
- Ages 12 and Up
- Start time:
- 9:30 AM, 2:30 or 7:00 PM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 3½ hours
- Military or Groups (10+) 10% Off
No experience necessary!
It’s not every day you can take a 3.5 hour hike along a 26-mile long advancing valley glacier. With NOVA’s popular Glacier Hike, our experienced guides help with gear and guide you to the impressive “Ice Falls” area of the Matanuska Glacier – an expanse of glacier ice that naturally “falls” over the rock under it, creating dramatic spire formations or seracs. It's a must see!
Along the way, there are continuous views of various glacier features such as deep moulons, crevasses. Be sure and bring your camera! The Glacier Hike is a 1:6 guide-to-client ratio. NOVA provides all glacier gear including boots, crampons, walking stick (if desired) and helmet.
Easy – view classifications
- On-glacier exploration of the mighty Matanuska Glacier
- See the picturesque 'Ice Falls' area up close
- Great for photo buffs
- Good for all ages 12 years and up
- Add a whitewater rafting trip and save $20 (Lion Head or Six Mile). See our Combo Specials.
GLACIER PARK FEE
Matanuska Glacier Park is privately owned and charges per person every time you go thru the gate; Alaska State passes do not apply. Regular 2017 entry fee at gate is $30 per person; but NOVA clientele receive a discounted rate, which is added to the cost of your tour.
- Teens (12-17): $20
- Adults (18+): $25
- Alaska Residents, Military and Seniors (65+): $20