- River Category:
- Class II - IV Whitewater
- $1,550 per person in June & Aug; $1,675 per person in July
- Talkeetna, Matanuska Valley
- June 15 - Aug 31, 2016
- Age limit:
- Ages 12 and Up
- Start time:
- 7:00 AM
- Departs From:
- Talkeetna Airport
- 3 days
- Groups (10+) 10% Off
Our most popular wilderness rafting Trip
The NOVA Talkeetna River trip is widely considered the premier Alaska wilderness multi-day Class III and IV whitewater river raft trip and it’s certainly our most popular!
This river trip starts and ends in Talkeetna, Alaska, about 110 miles north of Anchorage.
With a fly-out and float-back format, we take small planes 75 miles up the Talkeetna River. The flightseeing includes chances to see the awe-inspiring King of the Alaska Range, Denali. There are great views of the Talkeetna Mountains and we often see bears, caribou and moose.
River highlights include plenty of Class III and IV whitewater, including a 10-mile plus stretch of continuous whitewater on Day 2. This is considered one of the longest rapids in North America!
Our experienced, safety-focused guides are also your hosts, who will prepare meals and set up camp. NOVA also provides all camping gear and whitewater gear to make it easy to participate. We float through some extremely scenic areas as well as world-class salmon runs. So, bring your fishing pole (don’t forget your Alaska fishing license) and camera. NOVA will provide you a complete itinerary and Must-Pack list prior to departure.
2017 Talkeetna River Trip Dates
Easy to Challenging – view classifications
- This trip has it all! It's a guide favorite
- Bush-flights, wildlife and good fishing
- Includes 'the longest stretch of runnable class IV whitewater in North America
- Views of Mt. Denali, the 'Great One' as the finale
- Starts and ends in the quaint town of Talkeetna, 100 miles north of Anchorage