- River Category:
- Class III-IV Whitewater or Class II-III run with children under 12 years
- $475 per adult and $299 per child ages 5 - 11
- Matanuska Glacier Area, Matanuska Valley
- June 7 - Aug 31, 2017
- Age limit:
- Ages 5 and Up
- Start time:
- 9:00 AM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 1½ days
- Groups (4+) 10% Off
A popular and affordable wilderness rafting trip
Alaska offers some of the best wilderness rafting in the world and sometimes, you need more than a day to experience it.
The Matanuska River overnight raft trip starts at either the put-in for our Glacier Float or Lion Head Raft, depending on how much whitewater you desire. If you have a bigger group who is split – some wanting whitewater, some wanting a gentle float – we can accommodate that by putting each part of your group on the appropriate raft trip and then your whole group will meet up at our Hicks Creek Faclity. Here, your group will have a guide-prepared lunch and after gear is loaded, your group can continue on as a whole.
The boats travel about 8 miles further downstream to the evening’s camp. Enjoy a fresh-cooked dinner in front of the campfire. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife; one of the highlights is listening to the local wolf pack howling under the midnight sun. The next day is leisurely. A gentle float out ends at around 2 pm.
This trip has easy transportation logistics making it very affordable and includes all whitewater and camping gear. It’s a perfect trip for families! NOVA will provide you a complete itinerary and must-pack list prior to departure.
Moderate to Challenging – view classifications
- Thrilling rapids of the Lion Head whitewater
- Raft through a seldom run section of the Matanuska River
- 3 freshly-prepared meals
- Wildlife watching and spectacular scenery in every direction