- River Category:
- Class II Whitewater
- $85 per adult and $45 per child ages 5 to 11
- Matanuska Glacier Area in the Matanuska Valley
- June 11 - Aug 20, 2016
- Age limit:
- Ages 5 and Up
- Start time:
- 10:30 AM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 2½ to 3 hours
- Military or Groups (10+) Discounts: 10% Off
perfect for families
Looking for spectacular glacier and mountain views with a gentle float trip? Then, NOVA’s Glacier Float is the trip for you! This raft adventure is predominately Class II rapids and is perfect for multi-generational families with younger children (ages 5 and up) and seniors. The launch starts at the face of the mighty Matanuska Glacier, one of Alaska’s only road-accessible glaciers located 2 hours north of Anchorage. Marvel at the massive terminus of this valley glacier and the glacial melt that creates the main fork of this float.
The float trip merges with the Lion Head fork and terminates at the same location as the Lion Head whitewater raft trip, at NOVA’s Hicks Creek Facility.
- Scenic views of the majestic Matanuska Glacier just prior to launch.
- Great river adventure for small kids and grandparents.
- Overlaps nicely with morning LionHead for groups who split into two groups.
Easy – view classifications