- $159 + Glacier Park fee
- Matanuska Glacier Area, Matanuska Valley
- May 28 - Sept 5, 2016
- Age limit:
- Ages 12 and Up
- Start time:
- 9 AM or 2:30 PM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 5½ hours
- Military or Groups (10+) 10% Off
A longer adventure into this exceptional glacier
For the more adventurous glacier hikers, the NOVA Adventure Trek is a 5½-hour trek. No experience is necessary but you must be able to walk 5 miles comfortably to enjoy this trek. This adventure takes hikers out past the “Ice Falls” area to the heart of the Matanuska Glacier beyond the more frequented areas. You have the option to try a little ice climbing too. With a client-to-guide ratio of 1:4, this trek is highly customized to the group’s physical capabilities.
NOVA guides are safety-focused at all times and carry all necessary gear for additional ice climbing. NOVA provides all glacier gear including boots, crampons, helmet, ice axe, rope and all ice climb hardware.
- The only trek that goes beyond the 'Ice-Falls' to explore the inner heart of the glacier.
- Includes optional taste of ice-climbing
- Add a whitewater rafting trip and save $20 (LionHead or Six-Mile). See our Combo Specials
This tour ranges from moderate to challenging depending on your abilities and preference – view classifications
GLACIER PARK FEE
Matanuska Glacier Park is privately owned and charges per person every time you go thru the gate; Alaska State passes do not apply. Regular 2017 entry fee at gate is $30 per person; but NOVA clientele receive a discounted rate, which is added to the cost of your tour.
- Teens (12-17): $20
- Adults (18+): $25
- Alaska Residents, Military and Seniors (65+): $20