- River Category:
- Class III & IV whitewater
- $99 per person
- Matanuska Glacier Area, Matanuska Valley
- June 10 - July 16, 2016
- Age limit:
- Ages 12 and Up
- Start time:
- 7:00 PM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 3½ to 5 hours
- Military or Groups (10+) 10% Off
Raft under the midnight sun
During the months of June and most of July, Alaska experiences the “midnight sun,” long hours of twilight prompting many requests for evening raft trips. Hence, the LionHead evening raft trip.
The evening LionHead raft trip is available to private parties of 6 or more. Ideal for celebrating the Summer Solstice around June 21, the evening trip is traditionally the high-water run of the day and is very popular with Alaskans.
The rafting ends at our secluded on-river camp at our Hicks Creek Facility. Your group has the option of using this camp for your evening’s campfire and BBQ. You bring your own food and beverages (adult beverages can only be consumed after the float trip ends). The day ends right around midnight. Please call the NOVA offices for more information and availability.
Moderate to Challenging – view classifications
- Evening run is the high-water trip of the day
- Optional stop along river possible
- Great for party groups with option to bring your own food and brew or have it catered
- Add a glacier adventure and save $20 (same or different day). See our Combo Specials