- $155 + Glacier Park fee
- Matanuska Glacier Area, Matanuska Valley
- May 28 - Sept 5, 2016
- Age limit:
- Ages 12 and Up
- Start time:
- 9 AM or 2:30 PM
- Departs From:
- Hicks Creek facility, 38100 W Glenn Highway, Glacier View, AK
- 5½ hours
- Military or Groups (10+) 10% Off
Jump-start your climbing
Let NOVA introduce you to the world of glacial ice climbing. No experience necessary! The Matanuska Glacier, the massive valley glacier just 100 miles
north of Anchorage, Alaska, has easily accessible ice cliffs and crevasses suitable for ice climbing. NOVA’s experienced guides will help the group
determine how easy or difficult of a climb is desired. The views and photo opportunities are spectacular as well. Our ratio of 1:4 guide to guest means
everyone gets plenty of vertical and the right degree of challenge. This is an Alaska adventure to brag about! NOVA provides all glacier gear
including boots, crampons, helmets, ice axe, rope and hardware.
- A great introduction to ice-climbing.
- Advance from smaller walls up to larger steeper walls.
- Backdrop of the beautiful Matanuska Glacier Ice-Falls.
- Add a whitewater rafting trip and save $20 (LionHead or SixMile). See our Combo Specials.
This tour can range from Moderate to Challenging – view classifications
GLACIER PARK FEE
Matanuska Glacier Park is privately owned and charges per person every time you go thru the gate; Alaska State passes do not apply. Regular 2017 entry fee at gate is $30 per person; but NOVA clientele receive a discounted rate, which is added to the cost of your tour.
- Teens (12-17): $20
- Adults (18+): $25
- Alaska Residents, Military and Seniors (65+): $20